EQAO Parent Outreach Webinar | Jan. 17, 2023
Parents and Guardians will gain an understanding of EQAO and the Primary and Junior division assessments.
Learn about EQAO assessment results and Ontario’s large-scale assessment program at the elementary-school level by registering for a webinar.
The session is approximately 45 minutes, followed by a live question-and-answer session with EQAO staff. See the flyer for details | EQAO _ Parent Event _ Outreach.pdf
Our school is running a cookie dough fundraiser through Terra Cotta Cookies, until end of day tomorrow November 30, 2022. The money raised will be used to help keep cost of excursions down and support student needs throughout the school year.
Please do not delay and read the following on how to order online:
1. Visit our custom site: https://fundraising.terracottacookies.com/current-fundraisers/monsignorhallerces/ OR find Monsignor Haller in the Current Fundraisers section of the Terra Cotta website.
2. Shop online. Fill your cart up! Add or remove products as you need to. Dough drops are $15.00 and Baked Shortbread are $10.00, no sales tax. What is a dough drop? Dough that is pre-portioned and packed to go straight from your freezer to your oven. Bake as few or as many as you like at a time. You get 40 cookie dough drops in each 800g box.
3. All products are nut free and there is a selection of gluten-free products.
4. At checkout fill in the form. Must include: seller name (name of the student you are buying on behalf of) and name of the school, Monsignor Haller Catholic Elementary School.
5. Agree to website Terms and Conditions. Place order.
6. Delivery of the cookie dough will be organized by the school and the company.
Important pick-up information:
All orders will be ready for pick up on Wednesday, December 14 from 3:00-5:00pm. Please ensure your order is picked up ASAP and goes back into a freezer as quickly as possible. Due to the frozen nature of the product this is very important to ensure the quality of the products. We appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!
Monsignor Haller School Council
“For it is in giving that we receive.”
-St. Francis of Assisi
This school year, we are dedicating our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways to Anishnabeg Outreach.
Anishnabeg Outreach is a not for profit that is Indigenous-led and serves the Waterloo Region and Guelph area.
Starting on Thursday, December 1st, each school day for 12 days, will be dedicated to Haller Hawk families donating a particular item that will go to support some of the 50,000 Indigenous people living in the region.
To help our students get involved we are offering 2 Colour House points for each item that is donated.
|Last evening, the Ontario government and education workers represented by the Canadian Union of Public Employees – Ontario – (CUPE) reached a tentative contract agreement. As a result, all WCDSB sites and programs will be operating today on their regular schedules.|
|Your child will be receiving their Progress Report Card today. Please note that a Parent/Teacher Interview time will also be included with their Progress Report or Initial Communication of Learning (Kindergarten). Please contact the classroom teacher if you have not received a time to discuss your child’s progress.|
|See you all today!|
- Daily Screening – Staff and students are asked to continue to screen each morning before school using the COVID-19 school screening (ontario.ca) and stay home when feeling unwell or exhibiting symptoms.
- Masking Update ~ While masking is not mandated, our schools are now, and will remain, mask-friendly spaces, and we encourage students and staff to wear masks indoors during the rise in cases we are currently experiencing.
- It is imperative for safety that students have a pair of inside shoes for safety. Now that the colder/winter weather has arrived, the halls are often wet and boots, and socks will become wet quickly.
- Families are reminded to ensure students are dressed appropriately for the changing / colder weather conditions.
- Terra Cotta Cookie Fundraiser ~ Our school will be running a cookie dough fundraiser through Terra Cotta Cookies, from November 14 to November 30, 2022. Visit our custom site: https://fundraising.terracottacookies.com/current-fundraisers/monsignorhallerces/ OR find Monsignor Haller in the Current Fundraisers section of the Terra Cotta website.
- Lunchbox Order (Monday) ~ Due to the uncertainty of CUPE Labour action, Lunch box orders have been cancelled for tomorrow.